Heating choice - underfloor or skirting?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ChrisMorgan
Labourer
Labourer

Heating choice - underfloor or skirting?

Post by ChrisMorgan » Thu May 13, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi,

I am in the process of renovating a house and will be replacing the heating system (existing condensing boiler will remain as is new).

I have looked at various heating options namely conventional radiators, unfloor heating and skirtking board heating.

After doing some research I have ruled out radiators and considering underfloor heating or skirting board heating.

Does anyone have an opinion on these two options?

The majority of the house will be wooden floors, with the exception of tiles in the bathroom and laundry.

Regards,
Chris

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Post by collectors » Fri May 14, 2010 4:08 am

You would have to calculate the btu's for each room & see if the skirting heating will cope. Sometimes you might have slightly higher ceilings, a fire place & patio doors & just cant get enough heat for the wall area you have to fit skirting panels.
On the under floor heating side, i know 3 pepole that have this, with one using a heat pump.
The ones with just boilers are not that happy with it as they are both fitted in concrete floors & don't feel its that controllable. There main problem was that its slow to heat up from cold & hard to get rid of the heat when not wanted because of the concrete floor storing the heat.
The friend with the heat pump is happy because of the savings they are starting to make after the initial out lay.
But the most important area to cover on a renovation is insulation these days. This might get the btu's down to allow skirting heating.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1