Heating not heating house
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
scaniadriver
Labourer
Labourer

Heating not heating house

by scaniadriver » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi all, i have a parkray duel fuel fire which heats hot water and heating through 7 radiators.
Is there a way of diverting the hot water from my back boiler giving priority to the radiators first, i have plenty of hot water with a timer (emersion heater)coming on (off peak time) for 1 hour which gives lots of V Hot water for shower/bath in mornings, however when i set the fire again (i do not let it go out) it takes a while for hot water to go through the radiators to heat the house because the priority is the water system. The radiators do get WARM not blistering hot but will not stay constantly hot.
Once the house is comfortable i could then divert the hot water back to the water system or even put it on a timer.

What i would like is for the hot water in the pipes to go to the radiators first before the hot water tank as that is always hot with the timer coming on in the night.

The system is gravity fed with the storage water tank upstairs on the landing.

Any advice would be welcome or do i have to stay sitting in the bath to stay warm ????

wimiu012uk
Tradesman
Tradesman

by wimiu012uk » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:13 pm

I had a parkray room heater for 20 years that was lit in in september and not let out untill approx may of the following year.
Never had a problem with cool radiators (9 on my system) and more than enough hot water all the time for anyone that wanted a bath at any time of the day.
Also my next door neighbour was pleased with my system heating his house through the chimey breast.
Mine was a parkray chevin 220, running on phurnicite.
Got a gas combi boiler now, wish i stil had the parkray.

scaniadriver
Labourer
Labourer

by scaniadriver » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:39 pm

Thank you wimiu012uk.

But this does not help me

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:18 pm

You need to consult a heating engineer with a view to getting your system converted to fully pumped Y or S plan with appropriate control system. This is not DIYable unless you have some experience.

Cheers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1