Help-need to replace leaking shower hose
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Fitnessqueen
Labourer
Labourer

Help-need to replace leaking shower hose

Post by Fitnessqueen » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:00 pm

I have a shower in a cubicle- it is a normal mixer shower, not electric. I have noticed recently that water has been running down the shower hose as well as coming through the shower head. I took the shower head off and screwed it back on tight but the leak seems to be coming from lower down on the hose and is getting much worse- couldn't use it properly this morning.

I tried removing the shower hose but it is completely stuck- have tried WD40, wearing rubber gloves for grip but it won't budge. Can anyone suggest anything and also if I do manage to get the hose off will I get water pouring everywhere or will it be OK as long as the shower is turned off.

Thanks

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

leaking shower hose

Post by bazza » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:35 am

hi fitnessqueen you cud try carefully using a pair of grips to loosen the hose and as long as shower is turned off your ok 2 remove it a bit of water will come out but dont panic its just wats left in hose bazza

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:54 am

as long as shower is turned off there'll be no water coming out, shower hose should come off by hand if not with some water pump pliers or footprints, replacing the hose is simple, dont overtighten.

Fitnessqueen
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Fitnessqueen » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:28 pm

Thank you- thought it would be a fairly simple job- once I can get the hose off!!!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:20 am