Help Needed Identifiying Plastic Fixings set in to Wall
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
glaux
Labourer
Labourer

Help Needed Identifiying Plastic Fixings set in to Wall

Post by glaux » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:55 am

Bit of a daft question I'm sure, but what exactly are these plastic fixings? Are they to do with the roughcasting process?
thing.jpg

thing2.jpg

I am planning to tack some wires just below the edge of the roughcast and these things are in the way, is it safe to either remove them altogether or cut away a section so I can run the wires through?
Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Apteryx
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Help Needed Identifiying Plastic Fixings set in to Wall

Post by Apteryx » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:51 pm

Hi Glaux,

Looks to be a weep vent. They're important for maintaining ventilation and drainage within cavity walls. Personally I wouldn't remove it, they are there for a reason. But if you were to run a cable along the top of it and, for instance, notch the plastic to keep the cable run flat against the wall - I couldn't see the harm (depending on how much cable you are running over it - i.e. if you cover it completely, it won't be doing much 'weeping'.
Hope that helps, good luck
Apteryx

glaux
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Help Needed Identifiying Plastic Fixings set in to Wall

Post by glaux » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:04 pm

Thanks Apteryx, that's what they told me on another forum so I went ahead and cut a few notches for the cables. Looks nice and tidy now!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:48 am