Help please
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

zento
Labourer
Labourer

Help please

by zento » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Hi, Can any plumber help me please.
Last year I had a house fire and everything was gutted upstairs.
The insurance company said everything upstairs had to be replaced.
A project manager was brought in to do the work and he said he would replace a new combi boiler in the bedroom where the fire started, he got a plumber out to fit the new boiler, the plumber fitted a Worchester 28i junior (not a condensing one) we have since found out that by law he should have fitted a condensing one.
He left us no paperwork at all no exemption certificate at the time, but since 2 months ago when I got in touch with him he said that he had a exemtion certicate, so I said I would like a copy.
He sent one dated only 2 month ago, the boiler he fitted was last May.
On it it says 640 for a terraced house but we live in a semi but are linked with next door through an extention.
He also stated 350 points for the bioler in a different room but the bioler is in the same bedroom as before.
He also states 200 points for extended flue but he never changed the flue at all the flue goes up through the roof.
He is Corgi resgistered and is sticking to the point that my house is classed as a terraced house.
I have since had 2 plumbers out and both said it would be no problem fitting a condensed boiler.
I have been in touch with Gassafe who have had a word with him but will not tell me what they said , can anyone advise me what to do next.
Sorry it was such a long post.

It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:45 am