HELP Please: Window Frame
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
deise
Labourer
Labourer

HELP Please: Window Frame

by deise » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi all

I'm really hoping someone can offer me some advise.

Recently decorating my bathroom, i took the paper & paint off the wall around the window, the trim on the top of the window frame decided to come too and too my horror revelaed a large gap that i can fit my hand through. now not being a DIY lass but having to nowadays, i am at my wits end as to what to do. I'm about to email some pics over to my housing association to know what there going to do about it.
It makes me wonder if there all like that as i live in a 2bed ground floor flat and my last quarter heating bill was over £300, plus the fact i'm out at work all day so is my heating gone through this rubbish little trims they have put up to hide the bad workmanship.

Rant over

Would really appreciate some help on this one

Many thanks for reading
Deise

Kellie Dobbie
Labourer
Labourer

by Kellie Dobbie » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:17 pm

Looks like they made a bigger hole than the window or a previous tenant might have replaced the window with a shorter one while renovating. You have all the right to complain about this clandestine work attitude of the builder, this is cheating!

deise
Labourer
Labourer

by deise » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:58 am

I know the windows were inputted by the housing association so at least they cant blame the previous tenant. In most of the rooms we have black mould all around the windows, the bathroom is probably the worst as the black was all over the wall around the window. I know rooms must be ventilated which we always have windows open. Its just so frustrating when you have a problem in the home and some of the tradesmen's answer is silcon everything. My nieghbour also has the same problems.

Thanks for the advice

D

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:41 pm