Highflow 400
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
trevors50uk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Highflow 400

Post by trevors50uk » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:57 pm

I have highflow 400 BF boiler running my central heating system. It is mounted at floor level, and due to recent problems I have been adised to
flush the system out and use a de-sludger agent.
I din't know how and where to drain and introduce the de-sludger.
I know the boiler resonably well having in the past changed the divertor valve, pump and lower manifold. Can anyone give me some expert advice?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:04 pm

If there's no drain plug on or near the boiler - check flow and return pipework near the boiler - or use a drainpoint on a radiator tail - if there's none of those - remove a downstairs radiator - connect a hose to the valve and open the valve to drain - think about renewing the valves that incorporate a drain point for future.

Connect valves to radiator, turn radiator upside down - using a funnel pour the de-sludger/cleanser into the radiator - close the valves, re-attach to wall/pipework - refill - cleanser in system.

htg

NeilMar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by NeilMar » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:22 am

If your going to flush the system out correctly, you will need it powerflushing, a hot flush with a standard flushing agent like x400 or Sludge Remover on a heavily black watered or lime scalled system isnt going to cut it. It will help break down the muck pre powerflush, but when you drain it, you will still be left with lots in, even if the water is running clear after you drained it a few times (it will still be all over the surface of the pipes, rads and other components. As for lime scale, you need something more heavy to break it up. A really good chemical for power flushing is FX by kamco.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1