hot water pressure/electric shower
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
zoeannep
Labourer
Labourer

hot water pressure/electric shower

by zoeannep » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:33 pm

we have appalling hot water pressure in our flat and i am wondering whether the fact that the taps on both the bath and sink are plumbed in the wrong way round may be the cause.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this may be? would this affect the pressure?

I have read that it is best to have an electric shower with low pressure water. is this correct? would this improve the pressure? a power shower isn't an option as the tanks are below our flat and i think this would cause a problem.

any feedback would be much appreciated

thanks,

zoe

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

by DONFRAMAC » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:41 am

Your poor hot water pressure may be due to use of just 15 mm piping. It was once the convention to deliver hot water to the bathroom from the hot cylinder via 22 mm pipes, or larger. Delivery to the lower floor in 15 mm size pipes was OK due to pressure-head.
Using an electric shower to improve your situation requires it to be fed from the rising-main cold supply, which is normally a good 40 psi, and is not allowed a pump, by regulation, but if routed to the shower unit in largish piping, in most cases, is satisfactory.
Higher-power units give more flow, eg 10.5 kw.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:54 pm