hot water supply to bathroom
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

hot water supply to bathroom

by kbrownie » Thu May 03, 2007 9:06 pm

I have a problem with the hot water supply to the bathroom, the basin and the shower hot water is coming out luke warm. At first when the basin's hot water tap is turned on it is very hot, then very soon becomes luke warm. This bathroom is upstairs as is the boiler, there is no problem with the hot water downstairs. When the toilet is flushed in the bathroom or the cold water tap turned on, on the basin and left running, the hot water supply to the shower is a lot hotter. I have linked the hot and cold on the washing machine supply to try push out any air locks or blockages and tried to drain the system hoping any blockage my come loose. But this has not been successful. If I disconect the hot water supply from the boiler would this help me find the fault. I'm guessing there's something lodged in the pipe between the T-joint suppling the water to the bathroom and the basin. Can anybody sovle my problem? :?

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

Hot water supply to bathroom

by DONFRAMAC » Fri May 04, 2007 2:22 am

It looks like you have a combi boiler, which does not like high flow demand, as you will get from nearby outlets. Restricting flow by partially closing-down the cold supply to the combi boiler may improve the problem.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Fri May 04, 2007 12:39 pm

the hot water has been fine since the boiler was put in 4 years ago, only recently started playing up.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Hot water supply to bathroom

by kbrownie » Fri May 04, 2007 8:22 pm

[quote="DONFRAMAC"]It looks like you have a combi boiler, which does not like high flow demand, as you will get from nearby outlets. Restricting flow by partially closing-down the cold supply to the combi boiler may improve the problem.[/quote]

Cheers! top answer, done as you have suggested and it seems to have done the trick.
Thank you very much.
Keith

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

Hot water supply to bathroom.

by DONFRAMAC » Sat May 05, 2007 12:48 am

Glad to be of help;- I'm just a layman, but reading this forum is very informative, and I need to cure 3 cold downstairs radiators (sludge presumed to be the cause, but a chemical flush for 4 weeks has not worked;-- power flush next step). Your local water board probably uprated the pipes and pressure in your area.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Hot water supply to bathroom.

by kbrownie » Sat May 05, 2007 2:03 pm

[quote="DONFRAMAC"]Glad to be of help;- I'm just a layman, but reading this forum is very informative, and I need to cure 3 cold downstairs radiators (sludge presumed to be the cause, but a chemical flush for 4 weeks has not worked;-- power flush next step). Your local water board probably uprated the pipes and pressure in your area. [/quote]
Good luck with that, enjoy your bank holiday and cheers again you've made her in doors very happy and now i'm flavour of the month for a change!

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:32 am