Hot water systems

Postby 12nyima » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:01 am

Help! We are totally renewing a 60's bungalow - adding 2 ensuite bathrooms in the loft space along with TV room, bedroom with ensuite shower room and L shaped kitchen/diner/sitting room.
We've had lots of advice re. CH but would prefer Underfloor heating. We have had a satisfactory price for the UFH which leaves us with just wanting a suitable HOT WATER system. I'm confused with Combi's/Indirect/direct systems. As we don't need CH what should we go for?
Thanks - I wait with baited breath!
12nyima
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:15 pm

What is going to provide the heat for the UFH ?

If you're thinking about electric it'll cost a fortune to heat the house.

Personally, i'd think a combi would be best for CH and Hw - thinking about space etc - but no good if wanting to use more than one shower/bath at any one time - but you could fit electric showers.

htg
htg engineer

Postby 12nyima » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:37 pm

htg engineer wrote:What is going to provide the heat for the UFH ?

If you're thinking about electric it'll cost a fortune to heat the house.

Personally, i'd think a combi would be best for CH and Hw - thinking about space etc - but no good if wanting to use more than one shower/bath at any one time - but you could fit electric showers.

htg

Thanks for reply. Our village has no natural gas so yes, its gonna be Elec UFH. We get the meter changed to a 10 tariff making it a little easier on the purse. Have already bought showers - non electric so need system to suit. no problem with space but concerned that we will be heating up water we're not using if we have an indirect cylinder.
12nyima
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!