How do I make a switch control 2 lights in my kitchen?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
trevor123
Tradesman
Tradesman

How do I make a switch control 2 lights in my kitchen?

by trevor123 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:34 pm

hi, im relatively new to this so please bear with me, my wife and i have just bought our first house and im currently working on it. in the living room there is a double light switch which controls the living light and 1 kitchen light, in the kitchen there is a single switch for the otherr kitcen light. what i would like to know is........how do i go about making the kitchen switch control both lights, obviously need a double switch and replace the living room switch to single? can i just take the wire for the 2nd kitchen light out of the switch, pull it up through the roof and wire it into a new double switch in the kitcen providing the cables are long enough? and replace living with single switch? cheers in advance
Last edited by trevor123 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:38 pm

Hi trevor,
possibly, it depends on how switches are connected, if at the existing double sw in lounge there are 2 twin& earth cables one to each switch then your in luck & can do as you say. However sometimes they loop the live feed between switches which makes life difficult have a look in sw & repost with what you find if still unsure & I will look out for it, regards SPARX

trevor123
Tradesman
Tradesman

by trevor123 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:50 pm

i think they have looped the live feed sparx, i have a photo below. please can you advise me where to go from here please? cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:53 pm