How to Correctly Connect Legrand K40131 250v Light Switch
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
BILLDIYDOCTOR
Labourer
Labourer

How to Correctly Connect Legrand K40131 250v Light Switch

Post by BILLDIYDOCTOR » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:45 am

Hello. Newbie looking for how to connect a switch correctly. I have a Legrand K40131 10AX 250v light switch with 3 rocker switches on it. In the pattress are 2 sets of red, black and earth sleeved wires. These wires switch on 2 sets of wall lights in the living room. There were connecting red wires in the old switch between all 3 com connection points. the 3rd switch on the old switch unit was used to turn fluorescent lights on/off. I have disconnected these and removed all of the fluorescent control units and wiring. The back of the new switch has 3 connections identified as L and 3 other connections with no id at all. When I removed the old switch and had all of the wires bared, I checked which was live. ( Yes, I am still here so must have done the safety stuff right ). Only one of the red wires was live. I got no other indication of power to other wires via the fluke tester and electricians' screwdriver I used. I have connected the new switch by putting each of the 2 red wires to an L and their corresponding black wires to the unmarked connections indicated on the back of the switch. The wall light worked with the switch with the live wire. The other did not. It sounds like I just need to have a connecting wire between the 2 L connections to supply power to the 2nd switch. But then I have been logical with this all along, so I may be wrong and I am now at the point where I am not sure.... Your expert direction would be appreciated.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: How to Correctly Connect Legrand K40131 250v Light Switch

Post by ericmark » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:14 am

Com is marked L on new switch. The L in your case needs links.

There is no L2 only L1's on new switch.

However having to look on another forum to see the pictures I assume now all cured.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:15 am