I need a 5amp pull switch with an indicator..
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bexm
Labourer
Labourer

I need a 5amp pull switch with an indicator..

by Bexm » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:07 am

Hello!

I am new to this forum but am hoping someone can help!
We have an electric towel rail in our bathroom that is operated by a pull switch, the problem is sometimes we forget if we have turned it off or not and the only way of telling is pull the switch, leave it 20mins and come back and see if it's warmed up or cooled down!! Completely impractical!

What we need is a pull switch with an indicator, like you have for showers, the problem is we need a 5 amp one.. but they don't seem to exist!!

Does anyone know where we can get one from or have an alternative suggestion other than putting a switch outside the bathroom!

Thanks

Bex

acsimpson
Foreman
Foreman

by acsimpson » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:07 pm

I'm not a qualified spark, however as long as the shower one is rated higher than 5A you could use it with no problem. There's a 45A on on screwfix for instance which would do the job.

Bexm
Labourer
Labourer

by Bexm » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:16 pm

[quote="acsimpson"]I'm not a qualified spark, however as long as the shower one is rated higher than 5A you could use it with no problem. There's a 45A on on screwfix for instance which would do the job.[/quote]

I may be talking rubbish here.. but my hubbys dad who is training to be an electrician says it won't something about needing a single pole one and the shower one is a double pole..!

The heaters wired up to the lighting wiring so was working from a standard light pull switch..

Hubbys tried the shower switch and it doesnt work at all..

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:01 pm

Hi bexm.
You can get a 30A version which is not a lot bigger than the 5A one, just a bit stiffer to operate so fixings need to be adequate,
regards SPARX

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:08 am