I Need to fix This Manual Tyre Changer to the Ground
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jumanji95
Labourer
Labourer

I Need to fix This Manual Tyre Changer to the Ground

by Jumanji95 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:33 pm

I need to put 4 anchor/rawl bolts throught the 4 holes in the base of the tyre changer (see the pic) and fix it to some thick concrete. trouble is I don't have a garage only a grass area and thin paving slabs like in the second pic attached which I think are too thin and will obviously split. Thick concrete only will work I think.
What do I do?
Can I lay a small patch of very thick concrete on the grassy area (immovable when dries hopefully) and then fix the tyre changer to chat with the anchor bolts?
Attachments
tiles
tiles
thintiles2.jpg (7.88 KiB) Viewed 1745 times
tyre changer
tyre changer

Skid Sprocket
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: I Need to fix This Manual Tyre Changer to the Ground

by Skid Sprocket » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:44 pm

Jumanji95 wrote:I need to put 4 anchor/rawl bolts throught the 4 holes in the base of the tyre changer (see the pic) and fix it to some thick concrete. trouble is I don't have a garage only a grass area and thin paving slabs like in the second pic attached which I think are too thin and will obviously split. Thick concrete only will work I think.
What do I do?
Can I lay a small patch of very thick concrete on the grassy area (immovable when dries hopefully) and then fix the tyre changer to chat with the anchor bolts?

I would suggest making a full concrete base to cover all 4 holes in one piece. Something you might also want to consider is making the base large enough to allow you to stand on the base while working at the machine.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:53 am