iconsistent hot water temp !!
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
misery
Tradesman
Tradesman

iconsistent hot water temp !!

by misery » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi guys
Have posted this problem in plumbing section 3 times now with no reply,so can only assume was in the wrong section or my question is really stupid ,please help.
I have a Heatline C28 combi boiler which works perfect for the central heating,but having a problem with the hot water .when the hot taps are open water will start off cold,which I understand ,will eventually become quite hot and then will fluctuate between fairly hot and tepid ,absolute nightmare trying to fill a bath because just with the hot tap on the bath can at best be described as warm.
As I said this happens with every hot tap in the house ,the shower works ok though ,the temperature remains constant.
Would really appreciate any help,thanks
Misery

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:04 pm

misery,
You need to get a gas man in to check out the boiler.
end

misery
Tradesman
Tradesman

by misery » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:33 pm

thanks stoneyboy
I was hoping someone might be able to help with the problem before I called someone in .

jouls
Labourer
Labourer

by jouls » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:35 am

misery wrote:thanks stoneyboy
I was hoping someone might be able to help with the problem before I called someone in .

I have same problem with same boiler, 4 plumbers cant fix it :-( did you get anywhere?

jouls
Labourer
Labourer

by jouls » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:36 am

misery wrote:thanks stoneyboy

I have same problem, did you get it sorted?

Kenj
Ganger
Ganger

by Kenj » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi misery,

The fact that your shower is working properly suggests that the boiler is ok.

Filling a bath from a combi boiler will always be a slow process, because a combi can only heat a relatively small amout of water at any time. If you fully open a bath tap I would expect it to run hot and cold as you have described. Similarly opening more than one tap at a time can easily overload a combi boiler.

Try reducing the water flow to a more gentle flow ( do not shut it down to a trickle or the boiler will go out ) and see if the temperature remains constant. If it does it suggests that you are simply demanding too much water too quickly.

I doubt this will be of any help to Jouls, unless the 4 plumbers you called out are totally incompetent.

dorris
Labourer
Labourer

Thermostats

by dorris » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:57 am

In my perception you need a proper technician who can resolve your problem

---------------

Dorris

Kenj
Ganger
Ganger

by Kenj » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:11 pm

I believe what is needed is feedback from the two people who have raised this query.

This would help others who may have a similar problem, and those who spend time suggesting a solution. As well as being common courtesy.

Cheesie1
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Cheesie1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:15 pm

agree with kenj, slow water flow down, see if remains constant, common problem on combi.

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1