Ideal W2000 Boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tucker
Labourer
Labourer

Ideal W2000 Boiler

by tucker » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:52 pm

I have a 17 year old Ideal W2000 Boiler which has worked great up until 2 months ago, first of all the heating would not work immediately [the rads would get hot 20 mins after the heating button was pressed] then the heating stopped working all together, the water however was heating up fine, then the water started to only get warm and now the boiler will only stay on for a matter of minutes before shutting down. I have installed a new Honeywell V4073A motor valve, fitted a new termastat and checked that the pump is turning when heating turned on [the pump does appear to be getting very hot].

It has got to the point where the boiler will fire up only when I press the hot water button and it will only stay on for 5 mins max. Can you help?

Many thanks

kfhussain
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Ideal W2000 Boiler

by kfhussain » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:54 pm

[quote="tucker"]I have a 17 year old Ideal W2000 Boiler which has worked great up until 2 months ago, first of all the heating would not work immediately [the rads would get hot 20 mins after the heating button was pressed] then the heating stopped working all together, the water however was heating up fine, then the water started to only get warm and now the boiler will only stay on for a matter of minutes before shutting down. I have installed a new Honeywell V4073A motor valve, fitted a new termastat and checked that the pump is turning when heating turned on [the pump does appear to be getting very hot].

It has got to the point where the boiler will fire up only when I press the hot water button and it will only stay on for 5 mins max. Can you help?

Many thanks[/quote][b] i think cooling air do not flow through the superheater which is overheated rapidly. need to clean the air passages from the accumulated ash as well as the exhaust fan[/b]

tucker
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Ideal W2000 Boiler

by tucker » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:14 pm

[quote="kfhussain"][quote="tucker"]I have a 17 year old Ideal W2000 Boiler which has worked great up until 2 months ago, first of all the heating would not work immediately [the rads would get hot 20 mins after the heating button was pressed] then the heating stopped working all together, the water however was heating up fine, then the water started to only get warm and now the boiler will only stay on for a matter of minutes before shutting down. I have installed a new Honeywell V4073A motor valve, fitted a new termastat and checked that the pump is turning when heating turned on [the pump does appear to be getting very hot].

Many thanks[/quote][b] i think cooling air do not flow through the superheater which is overheated rapidly. need to clean the air passages from the accumulated ash as well as the exhaust fan[/b][/quote]

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1