Installing a 150W security light to the Garage
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bluenun
Ganger
Ganger

Installing a 150W security light to the Garage

by bluenun » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:11 pm

I have bought a Parkhurst security light with PIR sensor that I want to attach to my Garage so that I can see when I go out and come in during the night time.

Am I able to wire the light straight into the fuse box?

I have taken a picture of the fuse box/ consumer unit in the garage but am not sure if I am allowed to post it?

ericmark

by ericmark » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:17 pm

It is the word "I" that is a problem. Can what you ask be done. Yes but there are regulations controlling this which should be followed.
There is a link to Part P on projects. I would follow link and down load free document about Page 23 it shows you the paper work required if you think you can complete this then may be worth continuing but I would suspect you will find it more prudent to use a reg electrician.

bluenun
Ganger
Ganger

by bluenun » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:39 am

Ok, I read page 22 and 23 in the projects regarding Electrical installation Certificates.

If I am able to complete the paperwork should the security light be wired straight into the fusebox in the Garage?

Am I allowed to post the picture I took of the fuse box/ consumer unit in the garage ?

ericmark

by ericmark » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:28 pm

Sorry no pictures or links. Some times one get through but normally stopped. You need a local isolator i.e. switch and you can wire direct to fuse box thats something you must work out easies way.
As to paper work remember insulation is measured at 500 volt and continuity as 200ma min. So we are not talking about standard multi-meter but special meters for testing and inspection. I borrow my sons at £700 plus can't afford my own.

bluenun
Ganger
Ganger

by bluenun » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:06 pm

Thanks for the information, I think I had better get an Electrcian in to do the job.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:33 am