All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
yartin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Installing Power Shower With Existing Gravity Fed System

Post by yartin » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:34 pm

Hi
I have conventional gravity system in my bathroom. Cold water tank in the loft and hot water cylinder in the bathroom. I have a bath with deck mounted shower mixer tap. The shower pressure from the mixer is weak, 0.1 bar. I am looking to boost the pressure to around 1.0 bar.
Power shower with integrated pump seems a cheap solution as they work with gravity systems. Can I simply remove the shower mixer tap and connect the power shower with the necessary piping? The electrical requirement is quite simple, 3A fused spur from a ring can be done easily. One cosmetic issue here is the hot and cold water supply pipes will be showing above the bath feeding the power shower. the walls are white tiled and in no mood to retile. Thinking of using white plumping pipes to blend in and to box it if needed.

The other option I have to use a twin impeller pumps. Install either under the bath which isn't recommended by some pump manufacturers or can install next to the hot water cylinder. I only want to increase shower pressure and not sure if possible when installing pump next to hot water cylinder as I think the hot and cold pipes are fed to the whole house?

I appreciate your advice.
Many thanks

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:51 am