Internal wall damp issues
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tillyfloss
Labourer
Labourer

Internal wall damp issues

by tillyfloss » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:11 pm

I have read all of the damp issues on the forum and the projects and I still need help!
I have damp on the internal walls on an old terraced house circa 1900. It has a solid floor which in some cases the floor slab does not meet the brick walls, there is a gap of 5mm to 10mm. The bricks at this level are damp. The plaster above is also damp, rising upto 1 metre at certain areas. It has had a dpc externally at some point.
Plus the wall under the bay window is damp, the exterior wall at this point is not damaged and the mortar is good. All external ground levels are below the DPC.
Any remedies please advise.......

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:40 pm

tillyfloss,
Chances are that your house used to have suspended floors with ventilation under them. This would have kept all walls reasonably dry.I can only suggest you get a dpc injected in all walls and the lower 1m of all walls rendered with a concrete render.
end

tillyfloss
Labourer
Labourer

by tillyfloss » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:10 pm

thanks for your response stoney boy, you are absolutely right it was a suspended floor and has had a dpc, I guess this is failing. Would you suggest a further dpc and what mix would you use to render after
Thanks

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:27 am