Joining / jointing TV coaxial cable?
Find answers to popular questions or post your own regarding any aspect of home entertainment

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Andy S
Labourer
Labourer

Joining / jointing TV coaxial cable?

Post by Andy S » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:46 am

Can you explain how i joint together (hard wire) my existing TV cable line in the loft to external aerial, to a secondary line i've just put in from my bedroom to the loft space.

Do i have to split the existing line and put on connnectors (Male and Female) or can i just splice toghter?

Regards

Andy S

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:37 am

You can splice together and tape or use a junction box or even connector blocks. Treat them as you would electric cables.

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:23 pm

All transmission lines (Thats what the 75 ohm coaxial is) need correctly terminating to stop loses this can be passive or active i.e. a simple Y connector which has resistors inside or a amplifier which has some form of power but you can't just connect together without heavy loses if it works then your aerial must be far too big in first place. Many options are available from few quid to £100 depending what you want it to do. Try looking on web loads of devices are available. I think there are links to screwfix on this site!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:01 am