Karndean Flooring bubbling
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jon Stead
Labourer
Labourer

Karndean Flooring bubbling

by Jon Stead » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:29 pm

Hello

I laid Karndean flooring in my conservatory and dining room last April. The vinyl strips are now bubbling in one place only about 1 square metere. The rest is fine.

The Karndean is laid on top of marine ply which in turn is on top of floorboards in the dining room and concrete in the new conservatory.

The area having the problem is in the conservatory part so ontop of ply that is on top of concrete.

I want to repair this affected area and was wondering teh best way to do it.

I know I will be able to lift the affected strips but I am concerned that this will lift some of the surface of the ply wood beneath leaving an uneven and slightly lower level to refit the new strips to.

How do I achieve a smooth surface at the correct level before refitting the new strips?

Thanks in advance and any advice/tips will be gratefully accepted.

Chris

dgcls
Labourer
Labourer

by dgcls » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:14 am

Hi did you get this problem sorted?
We have Karndean throughout our house and have a bubbling problem in the kitchen dining/area which is over concrete.
We did adhere to Karndeans spec which was to wait so many days per cm for the concrete floor to dry. It's in a couple of areas of the room which just happen to be in the middle of the room, not on the corners or anything :(

Garmson
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Karndean Flooring bubbling

by Garmson » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:24 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem with my Karndean flooring in one room. It was laid on a self-levelling screed, coated with a base coat and also a trowel-on epoxy waterproofer.
Some of the Karndean planks are bubbling at their edges. A damp meter probe firmly inserted between the planks gives a zero moisture reading.
The question is; did you ever establish the cause of the problem.
Tony

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:50 pm