kids!!!!
Help and advice on software, hardware, configuration and general computing issues and problems

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
davechidlow
Apprentice
Apprentice

kids!!!!

by davechidlow » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:52 pm

Hi, there is a blue line at the bottom of my computer screen, with a green section to the left which says start.It has always been there,until my youngest son was playing on it, now it is to the right of the screen and is vertical,we have tried for ages to put it right but with no joy-any help would be greatful. PS it is windows xp, thanks Dave

acoulter
Labourer
Labourer

by acoulter » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:37 pm

If you click and hold with the left mouse button on the blue bar, then move your mouse down to the bottom of the screen it should move to the bottom of the screen.

If this does not work, right click on the blue bar and make sure there is no tick beside the "Lock The Taskbar" menu option and try the above again.

When you have it moved to the place you want it i would right click on the blue bar and select "Lock The Taskbar" so it cannot be moved again by you son.

davechidlow
Apprentice
Apprentice

Task bar

by davechidlow » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:22 pm

[quote="acoulter"]If you click and hold with the left mouse button on the blue bar, then move your mouse down to the bottom of the screen it should move to the bottom of the screen.

If this does not work, right click on the blue bar and make sure there is no tick beside the "Lock The Taskbar" menu option and try the above again.

When you have it moved to the place you want it i would right click on the blue bar and select "Lock The Taskbar" so it cannot be moved again by you son.[/quote]

Acoulter-Thanks for that, problem is now sorted-and locked!!-many thanks again

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:53 am