kITCHEN DESIGn- washing machine next to cooker???
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lucyj
Labourer
Labourer

kITCHEN DESIGn- washing machine next to cooker???

by lucyj » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:44 pm

Hi, I have the smallest and poorly arranged kitchen in the world! it's about 8ft by 4ft :( it needs pulling out and redesigning on a budget, keeping same units with a little adaptation. I'm trying to find out if there is any legal distance between a washing machine and a cooker. Ideally, space wise, it would be great if they could be put next to each other, but i don't know if this is 'allowed'? Please help,

many thanks

Lucy

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:04 pm

lucyj,
Don't think there is any regulations on this but it would wise to leave a gap between the two because if the washing machine has an out of balance load it could give the cooker a good old shaking.
end

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:56 pm

No regulation, just common sense, ie electrics and water like each other very much, but don't like others being around or they will give you a nasty shock.
Vibration an issue regarding spin cycles of washing machine, so wise to double up on internal side boards between cooker and washer.
KB

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:59 pm

There are no regs for this, but the problem is going to be supporting the worktop if the cooker is free standing. Is it?

If it is, then you need to put an end support panel between the cooker and washing machine to support the worktop. This will have the added bonus of preventing the washer banging the cooker when spinning.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:29 am