Laminate flooring
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Damoman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Laminate flooring

by Damoman » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:08 pm

I am thinking of laying aqualoc laminate flooring in my bathroom before a new suite is fitted.

I understand about the expansion gap round the walls and pipes etc. what happens under the wc pan, pedestal and bath. Will the weight not hinder the floor to expand with them being screwed down.

Is an expansion gap required around the screw holes as well ?

Thanks

kenc
Labourer
Labourer

Laminate in bathrooms

by kenc » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:06 pm

Two things.

Firstly, consider how long the laminate will last because over time it will show the signs of water damage, no matter how much assurance the company give.

Secondly, if you go ahead with installation the amount of expansion will not be excessive unless your bathroom is extremely big. I would recommend fitting the loo and basin on top of the laminate and not being too concern about the expansion. What you must remember is to keep the expansion around the edges. I would only install the laminate to the feet on the bath, just enough to be covered by the bath panel.

Personnally I wouldn't install laminate in the bathroom but install tiles as they will wear better than the laminate.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:02 am