land drainage to fix waterlogged garden and drain to sewer?
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

stooboy
Labourer
Labourer

land drainage to fix waterlogged garden and drain to sewer?

by stooboy » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:37 pm

Hello,

informative site, having read the french drain and land drainage guides, the each talk about removing the water to a soak away. quick search of forum yielded no others asking about connecting to sewer.

The estate i live on was built in a bog so most of the gardens are waterlogged.

My neighbour had their garden done by a tradesman, and they put a land drain and conected it to the main sewer where the roof surface water connects to the sewer.

Ive just started digging a trench in my garden to drain away the water, as the ground is clay after a few centimeters, and the neighbor on the other side is having a grump saying you cant connect a surface water drain to the sewer(after all but admitting they got a trades man in a while back that has a french drain that uses my garden as a soak away!).

The current rain water all goes there, and the drain shared by her and I is in my garden, and having dug an inspection hole looks deep enough for a run, and easy to connect into, was planning on lining the trench with a membrane and 80mm pipe with 3 hering bones off into the lawn.

This is in scotland so not sure the rules apply the same as down south, cant find anything specific on scotish water site for domestic.

Any info appreciated.
Stoo.

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:31 am