Large crack in concrete floor
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
zoombaba
Labourer
Labourer

Large crack in concrete floor

by zoombaba » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Can anyone advise how to fill a quite large/deep crack in my concrete floor and what I should use to fill it?

My flat was built in the 1960's and has a concrete floor covered with floor tiles. We want to lift our very old and horrible carpet and just keep the tiled concrete floor until we can afford laminate flooring.

We had a survey done when we bought it which confimed that the building has suffered some movement due to settling when built, but any more movement is highly unlikely, so were not concerned about subsidence, it's more cosmetic really.

If anyone can advise I'd appreciate it.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:39 pm

zoombaba,
what do you consider a "large deep crack" to be - how wide is it, how long is it, has the floor fallen away?
end

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:10 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:58 am