Laying a concrete floor with two levels of dpc
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tannoy
Labourer
Labourer

Laying a concrete floor with two levels of dpc

by tannoy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:26 pm

Hi everyone, I'm laying a 4" reinforced concrete floor on a dpc membrane.

On top of that I have read I need to put another dpc before I put 4" of floor styrene to which I'm adding water underfloor heating and then a 4" screed to finish off.

My question is how long to let the first four inches dry out before I put the next layer of dpc. I read I need this dpc to protect the polystyrene. If I cover it before it's completely dried right through will I have problems because the moisture is trapped in or will it eventually dry out. Any advise is gratefully received. Thanks

mdpmspitfire
Tradesman
Tradesman

floor

by mdpmspitfire » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:17 pm

i would suggest you allow several weeks to allow drying as you are right that the moisture will be trapped. using a dehumifier on a low setting would help but dont dryout too fast. air circulation is best but this time of year and damp air doesnt help
mark

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:13 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:37 am