Laying new Water Supply Pipe to Outbuilding
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Ravis
Labourer
Labourer

Laying new Water Supply Pipe to Outbuilding

Post by Ravis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:55 pm

I purchased a house a while back which has a outbuilding with one toilet facilities inside. The outbuilding is used mainly by kids as a game Xbox room. Only toilet facilities but no shower or bathroom in the outbuilding.

Recently discovered that the water pipe providing water was leaking water into the garden ... the pipe was layed under the garden. Now I need to replace the pipe or better solution to lay a new pipe. Is there anything I should be concerned while doing this work both from regulatory perspective or building permissions.

I also learnt that the waste pipe from the toilet was not placed as per the building regulation guidelines and is visible in the garden ... I can get this fixed but was wondering if there is anything regulation or permissions I should be worked out if I undertake fixing these things for future ... can council object ? Or do I need permission to fix and set it right the waste pipe even from regulatory perspective.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Laying new Water Supply Pipe to Outbuilding

Post by kbrownie » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:15 pm

You would need to lay the new water pipework outside the frost zone,
The trench should be greater than 750mm but less than1350mm. Bed the pipe in soft sand, this will allow for movement and protection from sharp stones.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:50 am