All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dalek
Labourer
Labourer

Leak into garage from ensuite.

by dalek » Tue May 06, 2008 11:57 am

Hello,
I've noticed a leak into our garage (ceiling) from the ensuite that's directly above it. There are no signs of a leak in the ensuite itself.
It's a recently built extension (builder has since stopped trading) and if memory serves, there are hot and cold water pipes, and central heating pipes running under the floor of the ensuite.
It seemed to happen when we turned the boiler on for hot water, which also turns the heating on at the same time (that's another thing I need to sort out sometime :roll: ), so I suspect it's linked to the central heating pipes- there's a heated towel rail in the ensuite.
Is my best option going to be to remove the ensuite tiles and floorboards (chipboard, so presuming I'll have to cut through it) to investigate or does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks. :)

stevenc1603
Ganger
Ganger

by stevenc1603 » Tue May 06, 2008 12:54 pm

Rather than ruin the flooring in the en-suite, why don't you remove a section of plaster from the garage ceiling? This way you don't make a mess in the area that's seen by your visitors etc.

dalek
Labourer
Labourer

by dalek » Tue May 06, 2008 2:30 pm

Thanks for your suggestion, Steven. I did suggest that to my wife but she complained that the garage ceiling would then have to be re-plastered. It does seem a better idea to me though!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:51 pm