Leaking roof in *******!
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stevewatson
Labourer
Labourer

Leaking roof in *******!

by stevewatson » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:42 pm

Hi all,

I have a question, which I'm hopeful someone will be able to answer!!

It would appear I have a couple of leaks in my roof. They displayed themselves by water running down from the ceiling in one of the bedrooms and dripping down onto the windowsill.

On closer inspection of the loft, it seems that water is running lonf the felt, and dripping out when it reaches the end. I have placed tubs there to catch the water until the roof is repaired.

At the weekend I managed to get onto the roof and investigate, and to my dismay there was no obvious sign on any damage such as a cracked or broken tile. However, I did notice a vast amount of moss, and after speaking to a friend who works for a tiling company, he suggested that the moss may be what's causing the leak.

My question is, does anyone know if this could be the cause? I'd poked around on the web but with mixed results, some people suggest moss isn't a problem others suggest getting it professionally removed.

I'd appreciate thoughts, comments, suggestions - and an idea of how much I'd be looking at if I DO need to get a company in to strip the moss from my standard 2-bed terraced house!!

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:00 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:39 pm