Leaking shower / dining room ceiling
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bedlows
Labourer
Labourer

by bedlows » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:48 pm

We have had no end of problems with a leaking shower since we had it fitted. Tried everything from new doors to re-tiling. We have had the original fitters, plumbers etc. round, and everything that has been tried has failed to stop the problem :x

We now have a black patch on the dining room ceiling, and a hole leaking water into our dining room, which we can only conclude is coming from the shower.

Does anyone have any tips as to what is causing this, and more importantly how to stop it before our dining room ceiling caves in :cry:

stephen.s
Apprentice
Apprentice

by stephen.s » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:37 pm

hard to be sure without seeing it, but to me, it sounds like the shower trap under the shower tray is leaking, whether that be a broken trap or a dodjy fitter i'm not sure. my best advice would be to get the original plumbers back (sorry!) and get them to check that out, like i said, i cannot say it is definitely that, but that would make sense and is probably the most likely cause, if it is not done up tightly and properly sealed, it will leak all the time!

Good luck,

Stephen

David Hedgcock
Labourer
Labourer

by David Hedgcock » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:16 am

I would agree with Peter, I had a similar problem on my bath which was leaking into a flourescent light fitting in the Kitchen and fusing the lights, I resealed the silicon round the bath where it met the wall and still it leaked, I then loosened the taps and resealed them, still leaking I then took the side panel off and looked at the U bend on the waste and hey presto it was loose, tightened this up and problem solved, so if your tiles are OK and the seal around the shower tray I'm afraid it's probably a case of lifting the tray and checking the pipework. Good Luck

witsnetuser
Labourer
Labourer

by witsnetuser » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:04 pm

You might also check the door seal if you have a pivot door enclosure. I had a very small leak the I eventually traced to a tiny gap in the seal below the pivot and also at the rear end of the frame. It was fine when the shower was installed so must have opened up slightly over time - worth checking.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:47 pm