Leaking UPVC bay window
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
scroogemonster
Apprentice
Apprentice

Leaking UPVC bay window

by scroogemonster » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:54 am

We have new UPVC double glazing installed in our house (18 months ago)

The bedroom bay window has leaked and the plasterboard underneath the window has soaked up water and blown away from the wall during the heavy rains. I have removed it and water appears to be soaking through the wooden frame on which the window sits on.
Can anyone tell me how this is happening? Any water that gets into the window is supposed to drain through the little holes and out onto the front of the window sill.

I would assume that there must be a crack in the window sill for this to happen and water is getting in during the driving rain and soaking through holes somewhere to get underneath the window sill

I have checked all the silicon sealant under the sill and around the window and its all fine including the seals on the windows themselves

Has anyone got any ideas?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

upvc

by welsh brickie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:16 am

unsure of what you mean by a wooden cill have you upvc window casements installed to replace sliding sash windows or was it a typing error???

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:16 am