lighting ? for Sparks
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jeffmo
Ganger
Ganger

lighting ? for Sparks

by Jeffmo » Mon May 28, 2007 9:14 pm

Hi again Sparks. Just a quick one , all the electric work i have carried out has been done dealing with old colours and set ups , we recently moved to a brand new build and curiosity got the better of me . After looking in one of the light sockets , obviously i expected to find new colours but didn't expect to find 3 cables in pattress . ie : 3 blues connected , 2 browns in comm and 1 brown in L1 , am having a bit of a brain drain , what would i expect to find behind the lights themselves , i am expecting 1 cable as if from junction type wiring , without taking light down would i be correct in assuming this . Cheers ( call me stupid if you wish but the new colours do tend to throw me initially ) Jeff

Jeffmo
Ganger
Ganger

Re: lighting ? for Sparks

by Jeffmo » Tue May 29, 2007 10:50 pm

[quote="Jeffmo"]Hi again Sparks. Just a quick one , all the electric work i have carried out has been done dealing with old colours and set ups , we recently moved to a brand new build and curiosity got the better of me . After looking in one of the light sockets , obviously i expected to find new colours but didn't expect to find 3 cables in pattress . ie : 3 blues connected , 2 browns in comm and 1 brown in L1 , am having a bit of a brain drain , what would i expect to find behind the lights themselves , i am expecting 1 cable as if from junction type wiring , without taking light down would i be correct in assuming this . Cheers ( call me stupid if you wish but the new colours do tend to throw me initially ) Jeff[/quote]

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Wed May 30, 2007 9:42 pm

Hi jeff, they have simply looped the feed at sw. instead of light;
ie L/N in ,L/N out, sw-L+ N to light.
So light should only have 1 tw/e at it, so makes connecting 'fancy fitting' much easier, especially the inevitable ruddy down lights,
regards SPARX

Jeffmo
Ganger
Ganger

by Jeffmo » Wed May 30, 2007 10:32 pm

Hi Sparks , cheers for that thought as much , well what an incredibly easy way of doing it , no upside down light conn wiring superb . Regards Jeff

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:45 pm