Lighting for the Pathway Down the Side of a Residential Garage
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cad2cam2017
Labourer
Labourer

Lighting for the Pathway Down the Side of a Residential Garage

by cad2cam2017 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi
Can anyone recommend a good quality light or lights which can operate off a motion sensor with day/night time sensing

Looking to light up the path we down my garage . How may lights would you suggest and do they have a PIR or would they need one building into the circuit if so what's the best PIR which isn't obtrusive . Ideally I'd prefer a light unit with a built in sensor for motion and day detection .

Cheers

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Lighting for the Pathway Down the Side of a Residential Garage

by Mr White » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:17 pm

Your question is too vague for any one to give an answer to your satisfaction.

You have a lot of options open to you, I would suggest you get an electrician to visit site and see what it is that you want.

If it were me, I find a single light too bright, and which end does it go at? If its behind you it will cast shadows, so you can not see, and if it is in front of you it will "blind" you. I would suggest multiple low level lights, but without seeing the project I can not say.

Any light / lights can be controlled by a movement sensor or even two if that is what is needed, it really depends on what you want.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:50 pm