Loft Vibration?
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rammy66
Labourer
Labourer

Loft Vibration?

by Rammy66 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:54 am

Hi, I had a loft conversion done a few years ago in my victorian terrace. We had the whole of the back made into a dormer which is flush to the back wall and side walls and the roof in this part is flat.

During very high winds, the whole structure seems to creek and bang with hard gusts and the walls vibrate a little. The window even on occassion feels like it's going to pop out.

The work was regs signed off but in the wind it's pretty scary sometimes. The people that did the work assure me that it's fine and I have a 10 year guarantee but I was never 100% happy with the work.

I'd be very grateful to know for someone if this is normal? I really don't want me and the wife to blow away in the night.

Thanks Paul

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:32 pm

Rammy66,
I doubt any forum member will be able to give you a definitive answer to this. You need to get a structural surveyor in and get a report done if he thinks there is anything amis.
end

Rammy66
Labourer
Labourer

by Rammy66 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:13 am

Thank for the reply stoneyboy. We're still here after all the heavy wind and all the plaster is in tact so I'm hoping we'll be ok. I may write to the caouncil and get sign off copies.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:57 pm