All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tony636
Apprentice
Apprentice

low preasure

by tony636 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:27 pm

please help

i have fitted a new set of bath /shower mixer taps and basin taps to a bathroom in a bungelow and now have very little flow or preasure coming out of the hot taps at both draw off points. although the person whos bathroom it is says that there was always good flow out of the hot taps. i have not adjusted or moved any of the old pipework, there is not an airlock in the pipework as ive run the cold back throughh the hot pipe to check, there is no crap in the tank in the loft so i think that i'm clear of any thing being drawn in to the pipework, ive also replaced the set of taps for a new set but i still get the same result.

can anyone help me please?

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:57 pm

Poor flow rates are caused simply by restricted flow. If you have cheap flexible tap tails, these will effect the flow on low pressure systems because of their small bores. Also, the type of tap will make a difference too. Many DIY taps are only designed to work with high pressure water. Check the technical info. If the recommended minimum pressure is greater than 0.1 bar, then you have found the problem.

tony636
Apprentice
Apprentice

thank you

by tony636 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:20 pm

thank you for your help and advise, foever thew problem was an simple one i took the new shower rose off and put the old one on and that solved the problem. nearly gave myself a dam good thrashing for something so simple. once again thank you.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:58 am