Low pressure on new Grohe mono basin tap.
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
histonite
Labourer
Labourer

Low pressure on new Grohe mono basin tap.

Post by histonite » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:57 pm

I have recently installed a new Grohe Eurosmart Mono basin mixer tap and the water pressure from it is very low; does this type of tap require a high pressure or pumped system to operate properly; our present system is gravity fed. or is there any adjustment within the tap which I can do.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:05 pm

According to my handbook, the Eurosmart needs a minimum pressure of 0.5 bar which equates to 15 metres head (measured tap to bottom of header tank) which effectively means it is a medium to high pressure tap.

Make sure there is not a non return valve fitted in the pipe supplying the hot side and the service valve is the full bore type. Even following this advice may not solve your problem.

Unfortunately your only solutions in order according to complication are; put up with it, change the tap, fit a booster pump, or raise the header tank to gain sufficient head.

Sorry.

histonite
Labourer
Labourer

Post by histonite » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:47 am

Thanks, that's rather what I suspected; this tap is upstairs and only has about 2 metre head of water.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:25 am

plumbbob wrote:According to my handbook, the Eurosmart needs a minimum pressure of 0.5 bar which equates to 15 metres head.....

Actually, 0.5 bar is 5 metres not 15 metres. Sorry.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:18 pm