Lukewarm Gainsborough GS500 Shower from Ariston MicroGenus Combi Boiler
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

greengingers
Labourer
Labourer

Lukewarm Gainsborough GS500 Shower from Ariston MicroGenus Combi Boiler

by greengingers » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:27 pm

Hoping someone can solve this very annoying issue.

I have a Gainsborough GS500 thermostatic mixer shower fitted above the bath in my flat. I have an Ariston microGenus II 24kw combi boiler in the kitchen.

I had been having problems with lukewarm water from the shower - the kitchen hot tap runs boiling, the bathroom sink hot tap runs boiling and the bath hot tap runs boiling when not turned on full - fully open it only runs lukewarm. I was told that I needed to replace the thermostatic cartridge in my mixer shower. I bought this (expensive) part and paid for a plumber to come and fit it but it hasn't solved the problem! The plumber didn't seem to have any other ideas and said it had to be the boiler. I rang the company that fitted my boiler and they said it wasn't the boiler and suggested the cartridge needed calibrating or it was faulty. All I am getting is lots of conflicting advice and astronomical quotes to come and have a look - but no one seems certain of what the problem/solution is.

Please can anyone give me some clear advice and estimations of how long/how much it would be to fix the problem

It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:48 pm