3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
takeaflight
Labourer
Labourer

mains water pressure

by takeaflight » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:37 am

Hi All

I wonder if anyone can Help.

We are having a detached double garage with accommodation above built, heating by oil fired combi system. The mains water will be fead off the water supply to the house, which as an outside tap off before it reaches the house. Currently the pressure it just OK, however if say the outside tap was turned on then the upstairs electric shower would not recieve enough pressure to work.

So I think we need to install some sort of booster, I have seen the Grundfos pump which would be fitted to the house and one to the garage, or the Grundfos system which as a holding tank arrangment. Also I have seen a Draper similiar to the grundfos but with a smaller capacity holding tank. Which one should I have installed ?

Thanks for any help
Roy

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:42 am

if the mains cold water pressure is poor coming into the house fitting a pump will not make much if any difference.

Check the internal and external stop taps are fully open, if you have any bother with external one call the local water board as it is their responsibility, if you find the water pressure is very poor ask neighbours what their's is like, if their's is the same then again take this matter up with the water board.

If it's just yours then it could be a faulty stop tap, blockage in the cold mains pipe to the house, or the pipes could be fractured and the pressure could be lost through leaks underground

takeaflight
Labourer
Labourer

by takeaflight » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:19 pm

Hi htg

I should explain I live in the middle of no were with no neighbours, the water is supplied to us from the local farm so what we have is about as good as it gets.

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:52 pm