Masking Tape Residue
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
yvette butler
Labourer
Labourer

Masking Tape Residue

by yvette butler » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:40 pm

how do i remove masking tape residue from glass windows. it is stuck like glue, i have tried soap & water and white spirit.

polarbear
Apprentice
Apprentice

by polarbear » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:41 pm

Hi,
Try cellulose thinners,it can be picked up in your local hardware store and it wont damage the windows so long as they are not self cleaning,apply it to a dry cloth and wipe over the masking tape residue repeatedly until it dissappears,clean of with damp cloth and soapy water.
hope this helps

Mrs Miggins
Labourer
Labourer

by Mrs Miggins » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:28 am

Try furniture polish! Yep, I know it sounds crazy but it works! It's a simple remedy and will probably cost you nothing as most people have it! Spray it on liberally, leave it a while and then clean it off with a duster.

I discovered this trick when I was getting frustrated with trying to remove sticky labels from a guitar we bought 2nd hand for our daughter. After searching the internet we discovered that furniture polish was the answer. I was amazed to find out that it actually worked! All I used was the cheapo shops own brand. Since then I have used it on glass jars to remove labels etc and it has worked every time. Good luck!

Mrs M.

Mrs Miggins
Labourer
Labourer

by Mrs Miggins » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:31 am

Try furniture polish! Yep, I know it sounds crazy but it works! It's a simple remedy and will probably cost you nothing as most people have it! Spray it on liberally, leave it a while and then clean it off with a duster.

I discovered this trick when I was getting frustrated with trying to remove sticky labels from a guitar we bought 2nd hand for our daughter. After searching the internet we discovered that furniture polish was the answer. I was amazed to find out that it actually worked! All I used was the cheapo shops own brand. Since then I have used it on glass jars to remove labels etc and it has worked every time. Good luck!

Mrs M.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:08 am

ordinary masking tape will do fine. Just take it off when you've done the painting.

Cheers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:24 pm