Mending a Pinprick Hole in a Chrome Monobloc Tap

Postby chrisjsherwell » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:28 pm

Moving house in 13 days, thought tap swan neck was leaking from the washers but then it burst and turned out to be a pin prick hole in the chrome. On the front where the new buyers will see it if not mended well. Can this be done or do i have to bite the bullet and spend £55 for a replacement swan neck part. It is a Franke Olympus tap 10 yrs old.
Capable at diy but not a plumber!
Cheers for any help.
chrisjsherwell
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby lets have a look » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:26 am

looks like you have to buy a new one, could try and bodge it by shaving down a matchstick and blocking the hole
lets have a look
Progress to next rank:
4.3%

Postby chrisjsherwell » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:35 am

Thanks. Frustratingly I'd really come to the same conclusion. Don't want the buyers refusing to forward any post if they get the hump!
chrisjsherwell
Progress to next rank:
50%

Postby lets have a look » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:02 am

If you pay the post office you can get your mail redirected without their knowledge
lets have a look
Progress to next rank:
4.3%

Postby chrisjsherwell » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:43 pm

Now there's a thought! But at least having been Googling this I know I can fit the swan neck easily and also know how to fit a new monobloc tap if ever I need to in future.
Cheers.
chrisjsherwell
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!