Modifying bottom of Gable End
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mike67
Labourer
Labourer

Modifying bottom of Gable End

by mike67 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi
I have a problem that I hope someone can help with.I have recently changed my caravan, the new one is approximately 4" wider than the previous one and because the lower part of the Gable end protrudes some by some 7" I'm not able to store in the usual spot alongside the garage.
Would it be possible to remove (or cut back to the brick work) the bottom 2 tiles plus the gable end to the same height ? if so, how could I do the job, especially with regards to rainwater ? Have attached a couple of photo's which may help.
Many Thanks (in anticipation )
Mike

Image[/img]

bigbossman
Labourer
Labourer

by bigbossman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:57 am

The short answer is yes....
But, you will need to remove the tiles, take off the outer truss and cut back the ladder flush to the brick (If applicable). You may have an older property where there is no ladder and just the ridge timber, the purling, and the wall plate. If it is like this, i would seek professional help as it may not be poss.
If the process is the first is yours, i would expect a good builder/roofer have it done in 1-2 days. The latter... I would buy a new caravan.

bigbossman
Labourer
Labourer

by bigbossman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:03 pm

Just had a look at your pics. It should most def have the ladder system inside.

Top tip... Save your barge boards by cutting the nails between the suplux board (The thin grey stuff that the cement work sits on). This will also save your suplux and cash!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:02 pm