Monobloc Tap Fitting.
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JohnAli
Labourer
Labourer

Monobloc Tap Fitting.

by JohnAli » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:10 pm

Can I put compression joints on MonoBloc tails then connect feeds using flexi pipes with tap connector ends screwed directly on to compression joints? Or would I need to buy Flexi Pipe with compression joint at each end? Thanks,any info much appreciated.

Barry Bunsen
Ganger
Ganger

by Barry Bunsen » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:29 pm

Hi
I think officially you should use 1/2 inch female connectors soldered to the pipework to make the connections. However I have used isolating valves directly onto the monobloc tap connectors and then flexible tap connectors linking the isolating valves to the pipework. The problem could be that the rims of the isolators are too sharp for the washers in the tap connectors. However they wont be subject to any movement so if they are not overtightened and dont leak from the start I cant envisage any problems. Maybe wait a couple of days in case someone corrects me!Cheers

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:26 pm

Chuck the copper monobloc tails away - the copper is drawn out much too thin to take compression fittings properly. Use flexis with 8mm (or whatever depending on your tap) monobloc connectors on the one end direct into the monobloc and the other end to your iso valves.

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:50 pm