Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
robrossi
Labourer
Labourer

Moving Upper Part of Soil Pipe and Vent Pipe

Post by robrossi » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:47 pm

Hi ,

New to this forum and just moved house and currently in process of renewing bathroom suite. I wondered if I could please ask for some advice on moving the upper part of the soil (vent pipe) to the outside of the house to gain some space in order to change layout. Its a 3 bed semi where the soil pipe runs internally through the bathroom into the loft space and outside through the roof. Its currently boxed in the left hand corner of the bathroom on the window wall but we are hoping to move the pipework running above the WC connection outside as Im assuming this is just the vented part.
I'm just wondering if this is even possible as the remainder of the pipe(below WC level would still run internally as I'm not looking to move the whole soil stack as the downstairs has just been fully redecorated.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Other potential option, is it possible to reduce the soil pipe (vent pipe)above the WC to a smaller diameter from 110mm, thus reducing the boxing in. I know this may sound like a lot of messing for some pipework but the bathroom isn't massive and we are looking to ruin the bath against the window wall and if we can move the boxing in then this would be feasible.

Any advice greatly received

Thanks

Rob

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:27 pm