need advice about a 2 rate supply and how it is switched
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Newbee
Tradesman
Tradesman

need advice about a 2 rate supply and how it is switched

by Newbee » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:56 am

Hi there, I have a client in a council flat with a 'heat with rent' agreement, they pay a fixed amount for all their heat and hot water and pay for their own domestic supply (plug in's lights etc) These flats normaly have in our area a tariff or times to suit called 'Total heating total control' which supplies 3 off peak periods controlled by the supplier via a teleswitch.
Now upon taking her meter readings to help her set up her domestic account I noticed she had a new meter with lines in and out marked 1,2,3,4. 1 & 2 seem to come from the main fuse (supply into house) the third which is blue goes to another point and splits into 2 and returns to the consumer unit the fourth goes to another point then to a mechanical time switch then back to the consumer unit (times set are 11.30pm - 7.30am) this would suit E7 times, there is also a red (dark) wire that comes from the meter to the time switch. I can't figure out what this timer is controlling as the heating and hot water consumer unit is a 24hr one designed for THTC with a seperate consumer unit for the domestic supply. There is a E7 control device in the kitchen which will switch when the 3 off peak times are available. I'm not an electrician but I'm employed as an enegy advisor helping people with 'energy problems' and I having trouble getting the local authority to check this out.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:44 pm

Newbee,
If you could post a photo of the installation somewhere you are more likely to get some replies - your description is very complex.
end

Newbee
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Newbee » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:07 pm

[quote="stoneyboy"]Newbee,
If you could post a photo of the installation somewhere you are more likely to get some replies - your description is very complex.
end[/quote]

Thanks for the reply and yes my description was a bit complex and all over the place but I've now managed to get to someone in the Local Authority who agrees with me and is now going to rectify the matter.

Thanks again

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:02 am