All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
richhe
Apprentice
Apprentice

Need help replacing shower

by richhe » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:17 pm

My shower (NT968) has had it, and I need to replace it

The piping is behind a tiled wall, with only a 15mm female connection protruding from the wall (with centres around 135mm apart).

I was initially advised to get a Neptune Thermostatic Mixer, but a) this only connects to rigid pipework (which mine is not), and b) with the elbow connected, the mixer valve is too far out from the wall.

Does anyone have any solutions (besides removing all the tiles and plasterboard and starting from scratch!)

Cheers

Rich

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:47 pm

Have you looked at the Mira Mini Duo exposed shower?

http://www.awin1.com/awclick.php?mid=12 ... ton=submit

Be careful when choosing a mixer shower as many now will not work on low pressure systems - you don't mention what type you have.

richhe
Apprentice
Apprentice

Coincidence

by richhe » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:01 am

Funny you should mention that- the hotel I stayed in last night had a mini duo- I measured the pipe centres but they were closer together than 135mm. I know that you can buy elbows to 'retrofit' (whatever that means exactly)- problem is I envisage that would mean taking down the tiles and some of the board to make space for the elbows which I presume would have to fit behind the wall

(I have a high pressure system btw)

Cheers

Rich

acsimpson
Foreman
Foreman

by acsimpson » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:29 am

No, the elbows are fitted on the front of the wall, but you would need the right length of pipe sticking out of the wall to fit it. You can download the installation and user manuals at mira showers website.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:48 am