New addition downstairs WC/Basin - Locate foil waste pipes.
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kevinj
Apprentice
Apprentice

New addition downstairs WC/Basin - Locate foil waste pipes.

by kevinj » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi all

We are having our garage converted (Planning Approval still pending) and part of the space will be used for a downstairs WC with basin.

We only have one existing WC in the bathroom upstairs on the other side of the house. The builder, architect and I are having trouble finding any drains or the location of the foil waste pipes.

Our neighbours have a very old (1980) plan of the original plans for the estate which includes soil, surface water drain locations etc. From this plan it looks like the soil pipe goes into our back garden and joins into the another soil pipe that runs along the back of the houses parrallel with the houses themselves.

Between the new WC area and this soil pipe is our lounge which is an extension.

My question is, obviously this is going to involve digging up alot of ground to lay the 4" pipe or indeed a smaller Saniflow type 20mm+, which means going through our lounge but this is not a problem to us. Can the builders simply dig the ground up, locate the soil pipe and connect to it creating a new inspection hatch?

Also I believe all this needs Building Control approval first which is going through as mentioned, can the builders connect into the parrallel pipe which carrys all the neighbours soil waste or do they need to connect to our soil pipe running to the parrallel pipe?

Sorry if not clear, I can elaborate if need be.

Thanks in advance

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:52 pm

Its totally up to your builder to advise what is and what is not possible frankly.

Cheers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:04 am