New Boiler Choice
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Whitworth
Labourer
Labourer

New Boiler Choice

Post by Whitworth » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:03 pm

Hi All,
I am currently researching a replacement boiler project and have narrowed my choice of boiler down to two; Valliant ecoTEC plus 831 and Worcester Greenstar 30CDi.
Both seem very similar in specification and suit my requirements. I would be very interested in hearing your opinions on these boilers with regard to reliability and spares availability etc (or even comments on another make with similar specification that you would consider as a better option)
I’m sure you will all have varying opinions and it will be interesting to read any comments.
Regards
Martin

ls20 8qq
Labourer
Labourer

Re: New Boiler Choice

Post by ls20 8qq » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Whitworth wrote:Hi All,
I am currently researching a replacement boiler project and have narrowed my choice of boiler down to two; Valliant ecoTEC plus 831 and Worcester Greenstar 30CDi.
Both seem very similar in specification and suit my requirements. I would be very interested in hearing your opinions on these boilers with regard to reliability and spares availability etc (or even comments on another make with similar specification that you would consider as a better option)
I’m sure you will all have varying opinions and it will be interesting to read any comments.
Regards
Martin

This will depend on the size of your house and also how many bathrooms you have.
Your incoming water pressure as well .
Hope this helps

Whitworth
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Whitworth » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Thanks ls20 8qq
I've done all the sums and these two match the criteria required. :)

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:08 pm

It depends on what you want & what your views are.

You can get cheaper boilers, that'll do the same job, cheaper for spares/repairs. It has been said by some manufacturers that the average combi life is about 6 years. Some people say you get what you pay for .....

Vaillant have a very good reputation. If you want to choose between the Vaillant and the Worcester - I's go for the Vaillant.

htg

Gas_man
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Gas_man » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:40 pm

I have worked on both, lots!

Both are very good boilers, both with varying faults. I agree with htg though, the vaillent is far easier to work on, should anything go wrong with it!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1