New Boiler Installation - HELP!!!!
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Yorkshire Devil
Labourer
Labourer

New Boiler Installation - HELP!!!!

by Yorkshire Devil » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:41 pm

HI there. I am new to this forum so please be gentle with me!

A couple of months ago I had a new Baxi Duo-Tec 28 combi boiler fitted by my friend. He is Gas Safe registered with the company he works for, I have looked him up on the Gas Safe website and his name is there along with the company he works for.

He never registered the appliance with gas safe but I did ring them up and a woman there told me that it is not a requirement to register new installations but it is ok because he is Gas Safe registered. Is this correct? I never trust what a woman tells me! I am not doubting my mate, he did a cracking job but I have to assure the girlfriend!

He said he didnt register it because his boss would know he had done the job oin the side using the company tools. My friend did send the warranty of the Baxi with his Gas Safe ID on.

Am I worrying about nothing? I plan to stay in this house for some time yet so the building regs dont really bother me.
[/b]
Last edited by Yorkshire Devil on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DEEARR2
Ganger
Ganger

by DEEARR2 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:15 pm

I do not doubt that your mate has installed your boiler competently line with current standards. However he cannot post notification of the install with the GSR, unless has has installed under his employers registration. There is every chance that his employer paid for his ACS training/GSR fees and I can understand him being aggrieved if your mate is installing under his registration let along using his tools.

If your mate paid for this own ACS training then he is entitled to apply for his own GS registration ond only then would he be in a position to notify the GSR of the installation.

Yorkshire Devil
Labourer
Labourer

by Yorkshire Devil » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:20 pm

Is it a legal requirement to notify gas safe? Is my mate telling the truth? Incidently British Gas have passed it off as I have the pipe work & raiators covered on a agreement and they wanted to check the boiler over before they covered me for the pipe work, weird seeing as they covered the pipework before the new installation.

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:19 am

Even if the mates firm paid for his ACS he can still get his own private GSR.
The install should be notified.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:25 am