New laminate flooring over existing parquet?
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cameron
Apprentice
Apprentice

New laminate flooring over existing parquet?

Post by cameron » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:58 am

My hall has existing solid wood parquet flooring which isn't very nice. It's stuck down the old way with tar. I want to lay some laminate flooring over the top of the parquet. Obviously I will put down some foam underlay first. My question is. Should I put down some plastic VCL over the parquet? Is there a danger I might seal in any damp by doing this. The Parquet is pretty solid and damp free at the moment.

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:06 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

aceone
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by aceone » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi ....have you thought about restoring your parquet floor(sanding and varnishing etc),diy if competant, or get a quote,you will be supprised how good they look when restored.....and can be as cost effective as putting down laminate...,,but if you are going to put down laminate ,no,you don,t need a dpm....but remember fitting laminate in the hallway can be awkward for the novice diy,er,due to all the doorways and fames etc...

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:54 pm